POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : glows in MP 0.7 : Re: glows in MP 0.7 Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:05:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: glows in MP 0.7
From: Chris Huff
Date: 27 Aug 2001 16:58:51
Message: <chrishuff-F21A9F.15550227082001@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3B8AB073.1D8F23E0@telia.com>,
 Tom Stone <tom### [at] teliacom> wrote:

> Aha, that explains my problems. But it seems like 'rotate' works,
> because the glow in the follow-spotlight moves with the object when I
> rotate it. Which I'm happy for :-)

Transforms will work when specified inside the glow, but no transforms
will work if used on the union the glow is specified in. There is no
link between the glow created and the union it is specified in, so
either your code is doing something else or it is an illusion.

> Talking about things like this, is there any chance that you'll
> update your webpage with a progress report on your programming
> projects? Several of your ideas sounds extremely interesting, and I
> check in there frequently to see if anything has been released. I'm
> especially interesten in any news on your "DF3 Sculptor".

Probably not any time soon...I'm starting college soon, and won't have a
whole lot of spare time for a while. But about DF3 Sculptor: I have
working OpenGL preview and the basic structure of the "density
primitives" layed out, but don't even have file output working.

--
Christopher James Huff - chr### [at] maccom, http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/

<><