POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov 4.00 question : Re: Possible POV Object Scheme (was Re: Pov 4.00 question) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible POV Object Scheme (was Re: Pov 4.00 question)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 14 Feb 2002 11:45:04
Message: <chrishuff-F21221.11444514022002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3C6### [at] webconde>,

> they use a indentation rule to figure out when a statement belongs to
> a block. As long as you indent new lines more than the line that
> started the block, the compiler knows you want to stay within that
> block. As soon as you indent lesser, it adds a implicit "}".
> Works great.

I've never liked the idea of a language that relied on indentation and
white space as controlling elements. Some kind of visible block
delimiter is much better, and "{}" are already used in many languages,
so people are familiar with them. Explicit begin and end keywords are
also used in some languages, these take more typing and make more
cluttered code in my opinion, but are better than whitespace.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/