POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : scattering media emits light : Re: scattering media emits light Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:15:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: scattering media emits light
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 20 Aug 2002 21:23:10
Message: <chrishuff-EFAF43.20084420082002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3d625261@news.povray.org>, Micha Riser <mri### [at] gmxnet>
wrote:

> I can confirm this. There seems to be a problem with the light extinction
> not being considered when the light_source is inside the media. Actually
> try setting extinction to 0 and you will get the same result. POV 3.1
> behaves the same way.

My own raytracer had a bug where the last interval of media between a
surface and the point being calculated was ignored (simplified
description of the problem). POV calculates things the other direction,
from the point to the light, maybe it doesn't do attenuation from the
last interval between a surface and the light. Since that is the only
interval doing attenuation here, the light isn't attenuated at all. A
simple off-by-one error...

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/