POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What happened to off-topic? : Re: What happened to off-topic? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:12:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What happened to off-topic?
From: Chris Huff
Date: 28 Dec 2000 09:55:38
Message: <chrishuff-ED080D.09565628122000@news.povray.org>
In article <3a4b51de$1@news.povray.org>, "Bill Dewitt"
<bde### [at] cflrrcom> wrote:

> I can see that this is a reason to shut down all discussion. The
> policy clearly states that if someone posts offensive and
> inflammatory messages that the whole group will be punished.

Giwer (or "Giwe", now) was a large part of the problem, but
povray.off-topic has been largely flame wars and arguments for a while
now. Giwer's behavior was simply the last straw.
It hasn't been removed permanently, it will be reinstated after a
"cooling off" period. I'm sure you understand that we don't want
newcomers to this server to find one of the most popular groups full of
flame threads.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><