POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : converting rgb to spectra : Re: converting rgb to spectra Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:24:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: converting rgb to spectra
From: Chris Huff
Date: 21 Aug 2000 12:54:33
Message: <chrishuff-EC51D2.11555421082000@news.povray.org>
In article <slr### [at] fwicom>, ron### [at] povrayorg
wrote:

> The PostScript Language Reference Manual contains the necessary formulae,
> and is available in PDF format from Adobe's website.  It also might
> include some CMYK conversions, though I'm undecided as to the usefulness
> of those.

Thanks for the information! I will check it out...
I tend to agree about the CMYK, it is just too dependant on output
devices. However, a simple conversion might still be useful, if the
documentation warns about the fact it isn't very accurate. The problem
is, where do we put the K? The other color spaces could be stored in the
same rgb vectors, the components would just have different meanings.
Maybe the function should optionally take a float vector which it would
store the K value in.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><