POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature: iso-bels : Re: Feature: iso-bels Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:14:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature: iso-bels
From: Chris Huff
Date: 22 Nov 2000 13:38:16
Message: <chrishuff-EC25EE.13384122112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3a1bd3ff@news.povray.org>, "Greg M. Johnson"
<"gregj;-()"@aol.c;-()om> wrote:

> This could be useful for explosions that go down a hallway or a few
> other eclectic applications that only I might use ;)

I think this would be a good application of a particle system, having
the particles bounce through the hallway to simulate the path of the
explosion. With MegaPOV, it would be easy to code one using the trace()
function, and use that to place components of a blob pattern to get the
final result.
With MegaPOVPlus, you could try the particle_system object to do the
simulation, which should be much faster, but isn't complete yet and is
less flexible than doing things directly in the scene file. Also, MP+ is
based on an older MegaPOV and I don't have the updated version done yet,
and it won't be ready for a while.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><