POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : distance pattern ? : Re: distance pattern ? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:15:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: distance pattern ?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 10 Jul 2002 17:54:47
Message: <chrishuff-EB6688.16515610072002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3d2ca2f8@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
wrote:

> > That's going to be the generalised glow solving method...the patch will
> > tesselate to a low-res mesh for glow calculations when an shape specific
> > method doesn't exist.
>   Doesn't this have the problem that a smooth surfaces will have
> polygonized proximity patterns?

I'm hoping the artifacts won't be too noticeable in most cases, but it
won't be a problem when it does happen. As I said, there will still be a
ray sampling method available, or you could increase the resolution of
the mesh. There will just be a tradeoff of polygon artifacts/increased
memory or grainyness/slower rendering for those objects that don't have
a specialized proximity method.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/