POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hello Everyone! (It's SamuelT) : Re: Hello Everyone! (It's SamuelT) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hello Everyone! (It's SamuelT)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 18 Oct 2000 17:49:37
Message: <chrishuff-E841D3.16522318102000@news.povray.org>
In article <39ede5fe@news.povray.org>, <ker### [at] spinwaycom>
wrote:

> Hey there! Long time no see. Looks like things are still bustling around
> here :) Just thought I'd stop in to say hello to everyone. I miss the
> stimulating conversation of which there is an abundance around here :)

And we missed you! Really, there were quite a few people asking about
SamualT's isosurface tutorial... :-)
Speaking of stimulating conversation, you might want to avoid getting
into a "discussion" with a certain person in povray.off-topic(unless you
feel like being called a lazy, isolationist, unmoral, Pavlovian,
media-fed, childish goldfish, that is...). Reading a few of the messages
there should point out why...the signal-noise ratio in that group is
disappointingly low now, though the offender seems to be getting bored
and will hopefully leave soon.
There have been some interesting isosurface images lately, a new "glow"
patch based on POV-AFX, a lot of interesting experimentation with
radiosity, a couple castles, etc. You should find them interesting once
you get a faster modem and better display...

> I've been floating around after having moved, but have recently
> settled into a 35' trailer. Not a big place, but it's just me
> anyways. After getting things secured there, I hope to be getting
> internet access on my computer again. The one I'm typing this message
> on is outdated: slow processor, slow modem, bad graphics.... it
> always seems that businesses have older computers than home-users
> do....

Hope you get yourself properly situated soon.

> I hope to be stopping in more often.

I hope so too, it's nice to see you here again. :-)

> I've got a couple renderings to show off, too :)

:-)

--
Christopher James Huff

<><