POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lightflow + povray : Re: Lightflow + povray Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:38:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lightflow + povray
From: Chris Huff
Date: 16 Aug 2000 12:19:45
Message: <chrishuff-E840CB.11205616082000@news.povray.org>
In article <399### [at] hotmailremovethisbitcom>, Richard Morton
<ric### [at] hotmailremovethisbitcom> wrote:

> It's more like the paintbrush than the paint but the principle does
> seem ridiculous when put that way, e.g. would you buy a wrench that
> came with a tag that said it was OK for personal use but if you used
> it to build a car, then you couldn't ever sell the car.

I think it is more like being freely given a paintbrush which is a
commercial product, but only being allowed to sell work done with the
paintbrush if you buy it. It is perfectly reasonable, just seems a bit
odd at first. Most companies just require everyone to pay...
At least, this is how I understand the license. I can't even try out the
program, so I haven't really looked at it.

--
Christopher James Huff
Personal: e-mail chr### [at] maccom, Web page http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/