POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Motion Blur : Re: Motion Blur Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:13:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motion Blur
From: Chris Huff
Date: 27 Nov 2000 16:56:29
Message: <chrishuff-DDBD75.16570227112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3a22146e@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
wrote:

>   Well, perhaps a 'blur_clock' might be useful, but if I have understood
> it correctly, it would not fit in the ideology of the motion blur syntax.

Perhaps, but it seems to confuse people that things outside the
motion_blur block don't get blurred(Why? I don't know...). A
"blur_clock" keyword would make the difference in what is happening
clearer, though it wouldn't actually add any functionality. Well, it
would make some things a little more convenient, you wouldn't have to
save the clock value in a variable to use in things you don't want
blurred any more...
Blurring something wouldn't be much harder, you would just have to
replace "clock" with "blur_clock" in addition to enclosing the object
with a motion_blur block. On the other hand, it might cause problems
with include files or macros that use clock directly...it probably isn't
worth adding.

> and set a proper global_settings at the beginning of the file. Eg:
> global_settings { 10, clock_delta }

That's not a proper global_settings...you forgot "motion_blur" before
the 10. :-)

--
Christopher James Huff

<><