POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request to web authors : Re: Request to web authors Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:15:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request to web authors
From: Chris Huff
Date: 19 Jan 2001 20:56:00
Message: <chrishuff-D8B71D.20570619012001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a6774e6@news.povray.org>, "Rune" <run### [at] inamecom>
wrote:

> So I encourage web authors to make available services to which
> visitors can subscribe, so they'll get an e-mail at major updates of
> the site. Another nice thing is a "what's new" list which shortly
> states the latest updates on the site, so one know what to look for.

I have a "News" list, with the site updates, on the index page of my
site, but I doubt there is enough interest to bother setting up a
mailing list. Besides, I rarely update it, and the updates are usually
minor when I do...and I don't always remember to update the News items,
so I don't think having another thing to remember would work well. :-)

I find that my web site sometimes goes for long periods without
updates...I'm wondering how other people manage their page updates. I'm
thinking of trying to update it on a specific week each month unless I'm
releasing software or something else that would be worth an exception,
has anyone else tried this kind of system?

--
Christopher James Huff

<><