POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request: deform : Re: Request: deform Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: deform
From: Chris Huff
Date: 9 Jan 2001 12:30:56
Message: <chrishuff-D0CE27.12323509012001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a5adc40$1@news.povray.org>, "Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba"
<abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote:

> > You're a little late...Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba
>
> simpler is write just ABX :-)

I often copy-paste my own name... :-)

> I have changed my previous syntax for simpler usage I think
>
> instead next object in pov syntax I have putted deform into object
> modifiers

This does look like a better syntax. If your technique allowed warps to
be used as deformations, it would be perfect...maybe a compromise would
be a "deform" warp, but there will be a lot of duplication, since people
will want deforms that do the same things as many of the warps.
Is your technique still limited to deformations that can be "reversed"?

--
Christopher James Huff

<><