POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blob based water system? : Re: Blob based water system? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:22:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blob based water system?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 24 Dec 2001 15:26:04
Message: <chrishuff-CFDCCF.15261524122001@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3c0b972a$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Ben Chambers" <bdc### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> I had a thought last night (gasp!), but I have not yet had the chance to try
> it out.  My thought was this:
> Why not write a quick program in c++ to track water "molecules" (ok, they'd
> be about a foot in diameter :) bouncing off of each other while floating
> down a riverbed, and have it output the scene using a blob for the water?
> Hopefully, this would give good results for the river surface.  Has anyone
> experimented with this?  (I should be able to get to this later today, and
> then I'll let you know what I come up with).

Have you seen my particle_system patch? It hasn't been included in
MegaPOV yet, and it isn't "finished", but should be able to do what you
want.
http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/images/Particles1.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/images/particleFountain.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/povpatch.html