POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spline object: what is it? : Re: Spline object: what is it? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 20:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spline object: what is it?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 19 Sep 2002 11:14:48
Message: <chrishuff-CEF64D.11131019092002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3d89d844@news.povray.org>, "Shay" <sah### [at] simcopartscom>
wrote:

> Yes, but I still prefer to do it myself. Even if my mesh generation code is
> sometimes crap, I like the output to be as perfect as possible. Besides, I
> already have the code to identify the duplicates, so it's now only a matter
> of waiting a few minutes for it to parse.

The output will be identical. It is just that the built-in feature will
always get the vertices right, while your duplicate-removal code might
have a bug. Using the built-in feature will get a "perfect" result
(correct image and minimal memory usage), and be much faster than doing
the duplicate removal in POV script. The mesh2 syntax is mainly useful
for working with mesh files...the files are smaller and faster to parse.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/