POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Round box edge : Re: Round box edge Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:12:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Round box edge
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 9 Dec 2002 22:52:36
Message: <chrishuff-CD5C78.22491709122002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3df553866a56a85570499b5a0@news.povray.org>,
 "Arlon Meisner" <ame### [at] comcastnet> wrote:

> I don't understand how a union of these objects will remove the sharp corner
> that lies along the z axis. It seems to me that a union will simply result
> in two (why two?) boxes with 4 cylinders (lying along the z axis) simply
> buried in the boxes. An explanation would certainly help this newbie.

Two boxes arranged to make a cross shape, with the cylinders filling in
the gaps in the corners:
    ___
 __|___|__
   |___|

Only 3/4 of each cylinder overlaps with the boxes. The macros do a
similar thing, using 3 boxes to make a 3D cross.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/