POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: was wondering ...new povray 3.5 (sorry if off-topic) : Re: was wondering ...new povray 3.5 (sorry if off-topic) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: was wondering ...new povray 3.5 (sorry if off-topic)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 18 Oct 2000 21:21:46
Message: <chrishuff-CAF989.20243218102000@news.povray.org>
In article <39ee4a91$1@news.povray.org>, "Johnny Smith"
<joh### [at] homecom> wrote:

>     Wasn't real sure where to direct this question...

This newsgroup is devoted to images...povray.general would have been a
better choice. In fact, I am forwarding this to povray.general before it
starts a huge thread...

>     On te official Povray page...it mentions "enhancements" forthcoming
> with te new version (3.5)  On of them is "parallel lights"
> Can anyone describe what that is exactly?
> Another mentioned is "light groups" ???

If you have used MegaPOV, these should be familiar.
The "parallel lights" feature makes the rays of light parallel, so
shadows don't get larger with distance. Kind of like an orthographic
camera, but with light rays.

The "light groups" feature lets you control which lights interact with
which objects. You can have one group of lights that illuminates a
scene, and another light that only influences a single object.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><