POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Smooth mesh 'bug' inverted normals (+Patch) : Re: Smooth mesh 'bug' inverted normals (+Patch) Server Time
30 Apr 2024 23:16:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smooth mesh 'bug' inverted normals (+Patch)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 11 Aug 2002 11:06:25
Message: <chrishuff-C5F07C.09543611082002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3d55d070@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
wrote:

>   Uh? I don't understand how the number of triangles affects my example.
> The two triangles in my example could perfectly be part of a mesh with
> a million of triangles. There would still be a hole.

Ok, I see what you are saying. I'm not sure that would be part of a
"well behaved" mesh though, the normals don't match the surface
geometry. Even double_illuminate won't always work. My solution would
work for many cases, at least.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/