POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : particle_system movie : Re: particle_system movie Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:26:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: particle_system movie
From: Chris Huff
Date: 3 Jul 2000 11:06:31
Message: <chrishuff-C536BF.10064103072000@news.povray.org>
In article <39600391@news.povray.org>, "Tony[B]"
<ben### [at] panamac-comnet> wrote:

> Interesting... Show me some more. :)

Later. Right now I am making some modifications which will allow much
more flexible animation and particle generation options. The
"custom_particle" feature is gone, for example, but now you should be
able to get particle information like position, radius, velocity, age,
etc. through functions, so you can do much more. And the whole system no
longer has to be recalculated each frame, you should be able to use the
persistent objects feature of MegaPOV to calculate only what is
necessary. And I plan on adding things like fluid types, particle
fission/fusion, custom inter-particle force profiles, low-speed impact
effects...

Some other modifications I have made already: collision detection is
much more accurate, and you can specify a texture on an
emitter-by-emitter basis(demonstrated by the animation).

> Why didn't you announce this in .general?

Er, well, I didn't think about it. I assumed anyone looking for an
animation would look in povray.animations.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/