POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUNCE: IsoWood Include 0.1 : Re: ANNOUNCE: IsoWood Include 0.1 Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:22:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUNCE: IsoWood Include 0.1
From: Chris Huff
Date: 22 Aug 2000 11:32:01
Message: <chrishuff-C473FE.10332122082000@news.povray.org>
In article <39A### [at] schunteretctu-bsde>,
chr### [at] gmxde wrote:

> I'm not sure if i understand what you mean, but this would probably
> not help, the spline is meant for defining the shape of the plank, so
> the only way that would work would be using a radial pattern and
> giving the spline in polar coordinates.

Sorry, I read "...proximity pattern would probably be quite slow. I just
thought it would be nice if you could define the shape with a linear
spline." as defining the shape of the *function* with a linear spline. I
understand what you mean now, but I don't see an easy way to do it...and
prisms will probably be one of the objects which have to use the old
proximity calculation.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><