POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUNCE: IsoWood Include 0.1 : Re: ANNOUNCE: IsoWood Include 0.1 Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUNCE: IsoWood Include 0.1
From: Chris Huff
Date: 21 Aug 2000 18:49:12
Message: <chrishuff-C4299B.17503321082000@news.povray.org>
In article <39A16E72.BEA2DC81@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>,
chr### [at] gmxde wrote:

> I mean planks with more complicated shapes that can be put together
> to plate a wall.  For example this shape:
...snip...

Ah, I see what you mean.

> I understand the problem, proximity pattern would probably be quite slow.

Proximity currently is *very* slow for isosurfaces. I might be able to
make a modification which allows separate proximity functions for
specific shapes, though, so simple shapes like box, cone, sphere, etc.
could be much faster. CSG's, text objects, and meshes will still use the
current method though, at least at first.

>  I just thought it would be nice if you could define the shape with a
> linear spline.

How does a waveform modifier (like sine_wave, triangle_wave, etc.) which
allows you to specify the mapping with a spline sound?

--
Christopher James Huff

<><