POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 2d Image Question : Re: 2d Image Question Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:20:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2d Image Question
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 16 Sep 2002 18:15:21
Message: <chrishuff-C39D69.18133816092002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3D8645FC.DEE3C64C@wcom.com>,
 James W Foster <j.f### [at] wcomcom> wrote:

> I have seen this question before, but I was wondering if anybody
> had seen or written anything recently.
> You make a 2d image with an orthographic camera. How do you get
> povray to draw an outline around everything without using find
> edge on an image application.

Um, you don't. Otherwise there would have been no reason to write the
find_edges filter.
POV doesn't know about "edges", only about intersections between lines
and surfaces, so it can't "draw an outline". You may have some success
texturing everything with the slope filter with the slope direction
facing the camera. This is not perfect, the find_edges filter uses
several different methods combined, but it will do something.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/