POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Portraying movement : Re: Portraying movement Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:13:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Portraying movement
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 8 Nov 2002 15:02:33
Message: <chrishuff-C12C78.15022508112002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3dcc0579@news.povray.org>, "=Bob=" <bob### [at] threestrandscom>
wrote:

> Some high-speed photography shows a truly frozen
> moment, yet the motion is pretty clear to me without
> motion blur:

Nice picture, but it quite clearly shows motion without blur. Not only
is it an image that is instantly associated with movement, you can see
that the droplets have just separated from the main body of the water.

Am I just not being clear enough? If you can use these elements (an
image that is associated with motion, or the past and current effects of
the motion on other objects) in your scene to show motion, motion blur
isn't necessary to get a sense of movement. It isn't always easy or
possible to do this though. I never said it was impossible to avoid
using motion blur.
And motion blur isn't cheating or unrealistic: the human eye is not a
high speed camera, what you see will be blurred. You can avoid blur for
an interesting effect like that image shows, but it won't be more
realistic.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/