POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : layered texture help please : Re: layered texture help please Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: layered texture help please
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 17 Jul 2002 12:27:10
Message: <chrishuff-BF55C1.11215917072002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3d345f65$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote:

> I'm aware of the technical difference, but would you be able to spot the
> difference in a rendered image? (Looking apart from the fact that the
> real blur method will often create grainy results, while the accuracy
> method won't.)

The real blur method won't make grainy results. It might have "stepping"
results in some cases without enough samples, but not grainyness...
Yes, the difference would be visible, I'll work up some images to show
the differences. And the convolution matrix method (which is essentially
what the averaged texture method is) is much more flexible.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/