POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request : Re: Request Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request
From: Chris Huff
Date: 28 Aug 2000 12:10:40
Message: <chrishuff-B89711.11121028082000@news.povray.org>
In article <39aa87af@news.povray.org>, "Peter Hertel" <pet### [at] hertelno>
wrote:

> I'd like a "preview mode", which made all the objects in a scene
> white, (and eventually random colors), removed lights, fog, etc.. A
> option you could turn on in the INI file maybe?

This already exists, look at the quality level feature. It is documented
in the manual: section 3.2.6.1 "Quality Settings".

> The ability to use the norwegian "special" characters in the text object.

This may be fixed by the Unicode patch in MegaPOV, which might be
included in 3.5.

> Easier sin/cos/tan functions like on graphical calculators? I find
> the use of inverted tan a bit strange (I heard about radians for the
> first time at school last week).

Easier in what way? I can't imagine a better way to use them...

--
Christopher James Huff

<><