POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : files : Re: files Server Time
26 Jun 2024 09:15:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: files
From: Chris Huff
Date: 5 Sep 2000 21:17:59
Message: <chrishuff-B5BACC.20194205092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39B593B6.A065E30B@pacbell.net>, lin### [at] povrayorg
wrote:

> .3dm ? Isn't that one of those weird Mac 3d file formats ?

I think it is the 3-character version of the .3dmf extension(3D
MetaFile, I think). It is the standard QuickDraw 3D format, and was
created by Apple, but it is cross-platform. You might look at the Quesa
project, they may have converter programs.
http://www.quesa.org/

All I know about the format is that it is said to be a very nice
cross-platform 3D format, it has been considered as the model format for
AlephOne(an open-source FPS game).

--
Christopher James Huff

<><