POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature: iso-bels : Re: Feature: iso-bels Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature: iso-bels
From: Chris Huff
Date: 26 Nov 2000 12:53:16
Message: <chrishuff-AFA8C6.12534626112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3a2146ba$1@news.povray.org>, "Greg M. Johnson"
<"gregj;-()"@aol.c;-()om> wrote:

> Your suggestion is half ingenious.? Set up bouncing particles, record the
> positions after time t, *but then* use blob pattern.

I thought that was exactly what I was suggesting...I must have
misunderstood, could you clarify what you meant?
Which was the "ingenious" part? The blob pattern, the trace() function,
or using the particle_system to do the work for you instead of writing
your own particle system?

"...code one using the trace() function"
Many people have talked about using trace() for collision detection for
particles, and it has been done several times...that certainly isn't a
new idea.

"...place components of a blob pattern to get the final result."
I have suggested the blob pattern for this type of thing from it's
creation. In fact, it is designed as a media density pattern with fire
and smoke in mind...

"...you could try the particle_system object to do the simulation..."
This last one can't be it, since the ability to use the particle_system
only to do the simulation is one of it's main features. Again, nothing
new...

--
Christopher James Huff

<><