POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Parsing : Re: POV Parsing Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Parsing
From: Chris Huff
Date: 1 Sep 2000 00:19:09
Message: <chrishuff-AA06DF.23204431082000@news.povray.org>
In article <39AF1FCD.4B0CE825@faricy.net>, David Fontaine
<dav### [at] faricynet> wrote:

> Yup! Now why would they put that in POV but not things like +=, -=,
> *=, /=, ++, --?

Don't ask me...though I will look to see how difficult it would be to
add them.

> And where's the stinkin' #for? :)

Now, *this* I have no idea how to implement, though I would use a
C/Java-like syntax instead of the BASIC-like syntax.

> Will 3.5 have operators instead of functions for modulo and/or powers?

Unknown. I have written a patch which adds a ^ operator for
exponentiation, but it may not be included. The modulo operator would be
just as easy...but the best operator to use for it would be %, and that
is already used in MegaPOV as a shortcut for #local. Both of these
operators are useable in functions, however.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><