POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : glows in MP 0.7 : Re: glows in MP 0.7 Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:02:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: glows in MP 0.7
From: Chris Huff
Date: 27 Aug 2001 10:21:48
Message: <chrishuff-A73EA1.09175827082001@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3B89AEA4.88CB430A@telia.com>,
 Tom Stone <tom### [at] teliacom> wrote:

> The other is to simulate a light on a table, which I've also put
> inside an union because I wanted to do many copies of the table. This
> doesn't work.

Even if you can specify a glow inside a union, it won't be part of that
union. If you translate the union, the glow won't move, and copies of
the union won't have the glow. However, I thought I had disabled glows
inside unions to avoid this confusion...
I plan to eventually make glow an attribute of objects, like media, that
will make the surface of the object glow. There will be a separate glow
object (a real object, useable in unions) to do the point glows (and
maybe other shapes: lines, circles, other geometric shapes, splines...).

> Is there another way to add glow that accomplish the same as putting it in an
> union?

Only by making a macro to create the object and glow.

--
Christopher James Huff - chr### [at] maccom, http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/

<><