POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Benchmark Windows ME - big difference between command line and GUI : Re: POV Benchmark Windows ME - big difference between command line and GUI Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Benchmark Windows ME - big difference between command line and GUI
From: Chris Huff
Date: 21 Nov 2000 16:33:17
Message: <chrishuff-A6093C.16334021112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3A1A427F.5843FFB8@ij.net>, Matt Giwer <jul### [at] ijnet>
wrote:

> 	Object oriented. The entire GUI screen is an object. That little PPS
> number in the bottom right is a daughter process. The entire screen is
> updated for that little change. I didn't make it that way, Gates did.

You posted another message lately blaming object-oriented programming
for large application sizes...do you have any actual data to back up
your claims? Do you even know what OOP is? I doubt it...and the more
likely explanations for large size and slow response are poor design,
the ability to more easily and quickly add features in an OOP framework,
and lack of incentive to optimize for speed and space because of
computers fast enough and with enough memory that these problems
disappear.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><