POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : filter_applyer2 : Re: filter_applyer2 Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:27:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: filter_applyer2
From: Chris Huff
Date: 3 Aug 2000 17:18:22
Message: <chrishuff-A2A356.16191503082000@news.povray.org>
In article <3989BA7C.C612517B@skynet.be>, Fabien Mosen
<fab### [at] skynetbe> wrote:

> What could be nice is to be able ask POV-Ray to write the gathered
> depth and normal info into a bitmap file, and then being able to
> either use it as Gibus does, or simply specifying a post_process
> command, without the need to recompute the whole image...
>
> (or is it already possible ?  Did I miss something ?)

MegaPOV can already write the post-processed version to a separate file,
hopefully a future version will allow this to be done on a per-filter
basis.
As for the normal and depth, a depth filter has been included from the
beginning, and one of my additions was a normal filter(which maps the
[-1,1] range of normals to the [0,1] range of colors).

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/