POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cloud technique ???? : Re: Cloud technique ???? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:05:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloud technique ????
From: Chris Huff
Date: 10 Aug 2000 16:47:02
Message: <chrishuff-9F7C7A.15480710082000@news.povray.org>
In article <3993091C.C9DB4C5B@aol.com>, Mike <Ama### [at] aolcom>
wrote:

> I think so.  Can you think of any other way to have the lens flare and
> glow to only dim when the sun is obscured?

Oh, you were talking about the intensity of the flare being linked to
the amount of cloud covering the sun...this would be possible without
post_process, sort of. Use two spheres for the sky: a shadowless blue
one(background won't work properly with the fog) and a partly
transparent cloud sphere. Put the light source outside the blue sphere,
and use media within the inner sphere to get the glare effects. You
might be able to use the same media to get the fog effect.

To get an actual lens flare would be more difficult though...I think you
are right about the best solution being a post_process flare.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/