POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : relativity : Re: relativity Server Time
19 May 2024 02:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: relativity
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 4 Dec 2002 14:09:30
Message: <chrishuff-9BC854.14063004122002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3dedbae45d040d8dc571aa6c0@news.povray.org>,
 "Rohan Bernett" <rox### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> Assuming we want to be able to model the actual effects, would it be
> possible to do it by modifying the POV source code?

I don't think you can write something that simulates *all* the effects,
it is probably completely impractical to do. The answer depends on how
much you want to simulate in POV, but doing anything of any complexity
would take a huge amount of work. Also, POV is not a simulation program,
it's a renderer. Many things are "faked" for speed.

It would be possible, but impractical. More work than starting from
scratch, and wouldn't have any real advantages.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/