POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Portraying movement : Re: Portraying movement Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:13:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Portraying movement
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 8 Nov 2002 12:18:07
Message: <chrishuff-9A353E.12175708112002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3dcbddde@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
wrote:

> Christopher James Huff <chr### [at] maccom> wrote:
> > It didn't trace one object
> > multiple times, it traced multiple copies of the object.
>   The practical difference being...?-)

You could use it as a loop, and do other stuff besides simply
transforming the object. For example, you could make an isosurface
changing shape or a moving texture have motion blur, or even completely
change the type of object or remove some "copies" entirely. In normal
usage there was little difference, though.

>   What I meant was that it traces the object as-is, without modifying the
> surface properties of the object (eg. making it partially transparent).

Right, I didn't mean to imply that it did.

>   It's just that from your post one could get the idea that the suggested
> solution is exactly what the MegaPov patch did but just internally and a
> bit faster. It's not like that.

Hmm...I didn't intend that. Sorry.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg