POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Snowflakes study (267Kb) : Re: Snowflakes study (267Kb) Server Time
6 Jul 2024 19:38:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Snowflakes study (267Kb)
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 5 Nov 2002 22:19:46
Message: <chrishuff-90EB3F.22110705112002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3DC### [at] ibrasdk>, Ib Rasmussen <ib### [at] ibrasdk>
wrote:

> > Anyway, they seem to use your definition...I
> > don't know why they call a flake a crystal and a clump of flakes a flake.
> Could it be that I am right :)

Or that it is a regional thing...as I mentioned, I'd never heard that
definition before.
The main thing I don't understand is: why are clumps called flakes? They
aren't flake shaped, the crystals are (usually). The clumps are just
irregular ball shapes, sometimes (relatively) big chains. Maybe I'm just
expecting things to make too much sense.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/