POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : How To Do It : Re: How To Do It Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:31:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How To Do It
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 16 Nov 2002 17:23:15
Message: <chrishuff-89678C.17223516112002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3DD5D947.A4C9BC08@pobox.com>,
 Anton Sherwood <bro### [at] poboxcom> wrote:

> Has anything been written on how to patch Pov, or is working it out
> for oneself deemed an appropriate test of necessary skill?

Your question is a little vague..."patching POV" covers a wide range of
possibilities. There are a couple tutorials, I wrote one for 3.1, and
there is one for adding built-in functions. Once you figure out the
basic layout of things, it usually isn't that hard to follow the code
for a similar existing patch or feature feature through the source, and
just imitate that. If you have more specific questions, post them here
or in *.programming.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/