POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Known bugs 9 Mar 2002 : Re: Known bugs 9 Mar 2002 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:30:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Known bugs 9 Mar 2002
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 11 Mar 2002 10:13:58
Message: <chrishuff-8671B6.10135411032002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3c8ca968@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
wrote:

> > The list is missing the report I gave that shadowless lights don't
> > illuminate scattering media.
>
>   I think it was pretty unclear whether it is a bug or just a design
> decision.
>   If you can convince me that it's a bug, I can add it.

I think it is part of the "shadowless lights == fill lights" logic that
was the reason for making them highlightless as well. When using them
for fill lighting, you don't really want them illuminating media.

Personally, I would prefer "object_shadows", "media_shadows",
"specular", "phong", "illuminates_media", and "illuminates_objects"
on|off flags, but it is probably much too late to change now.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/