POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : New MegaPOV : Re: New MegaPOV Server Time
6 Oct 2024 11:55:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New MegaPOV
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 4 Apr 2002 14:08:52
Message: <chrishuff-83424C.14100804042002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3cab68ab@news.povray.org>, "JRG" <jrg### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

> IIRC, Chris Huff said (in this very group) that Post Processing wasn't going
> to be included just because it wasn't ready yet.

Well, if you look at it, there is obviously a lot of work to be done.
Many filters work using pixels as a unit of distance, so they have to be
adjusted for a specific resolution, some of the filters are incomplete
or could be redesigned, the whole processing mechanism could be made
more flexible.

> I never heard about Post Processing being dropped out for principled reasons.

Frankly, it sounds silly. Built-in filters can have access to
information that would be extremely difficult to get to an external
program, such as the actual objects in the scene, and which would be
useless anyway for most image editing programs. Separating them out
would limit their flexibility and needlessly make them more difficult to
use.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/