POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Very quick/small survey, please fill! : Re: Very quick/small survey, please fill! Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:25:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very quick/small survey, please fill!
From: Chris Huff
Date: 17 Nov 2000 06:20:54
Message: <chrishuff-825835.06211017112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3A1429B7.2483CA26@yahoo.com>, lem### [at] yahoocom wrote:

> Well, I'm currently on linux, mostly because of the devellopment ease
> of linux for C++, but I used to grow with Macintoshs, we have almost
> every stages of the mac here at home (MacSE, MacIIci, PowerMac 7600,
> PowerBook G3, PowerBook G4...), my father is unable for some
> psychological reasons to sell them! ;)

*Sell* them?!? Why would he do that? :-)
That's an impressive collection...I've got an Apple IIe, Mac Plus,
Macintosh Performa 475, a G3 desktop and a G3 tower.

> And for me, I will definately move to a nice dual G4 when MacOX is
> released and fully tested and also when I have enough cash!

Lets hope you don't have to wait much longer...

> So portability of my utility is a Big concern!  The beta version will
> only deal with linux, but when most of the bugs are out, I'll port it
> to the mac and might even do Windows!... It will include a OpenGL
> interface (no need of a 3dfx or such) for graphics, of cpu and render
> times, etc...  all this antialiased... with buttons and menus... but
> this is the final!!  First it will be in text! hehe ;)

Well, the text version should be pretty easy to port to OS X, just
porting from a Unix-like system to a BSD Unix system...(this from
someone who can't get POV to build...)

> I don't want to spoil the whole surprise, but I'm Very convinced you
> will all love it!!  All of you! ;)  Be patient...

Ok...

--
Christopher James Huff

<><