POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Making this Christmas ornament look more real : Re: Making this Christmas ornament look more real Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making this Christmas ornament look more real
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 4 Dec 2002 15:37:31
Message: <chrishuff-81ACB1.15343304122002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <MPG.185820781be3077d989681@news.povray.org>,
 Graphic Designer <doc### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> I thought about that, but I'm afraid of making it look too cluttered.
> Plus, I have to have this project finished by December 10th, and I still
> need to animate it (just a little, probably swing the ornament).

If you want realistic looking reflections, you need something for the
object to reflect. Even just a blurred out pattern on a sphere around
the scene or an empty room would help, but that's the problem. Without
reflections you can't see the reflectivity, and that is a major part of
what gives it a 3D look.

Another thing that might help would be stronger highlights.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/