POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : List of povray versions : Re: List of povray versions Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:19:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: List of povray versions
From: Chris Huff
Date: 1 Sep 2000 13:37:46
Message: <chrishuff-8150A5.12392301092000@news.povray.org>
In article <slr### [at] fwicom>, ron### [at] povrayorg
wrote:

> I think "glow" would be useful.

That's the main one I was looking at...I have downloaded the source and
am about to check it out further. Also, there is something mentioned on
the web page that looks *very* interesting:

Spain, under the auspices of Prof. Villatoro) have devised a new and
pretty nice effect: an analytic scattering model using Warn-style light
sources (see [4]). In other words, smoooooooth "spotlights" within the
fog, not those usual hard conical light beams... and WITHOUT any kind
of volume sampling (so this is still fast and robust). I will probably
release a new version of POVAFX with these lights soon (somewhere in
March-April 1996), and will put some examples here as well."

I didn't see any more about this, so if they ever got around to writing
this patch, they didn't put it on that web site. But it does sound
interesting...

--
Christopher James Huff

<><