POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pop-up web pages : Re: Pop-up web pages Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pop-up web pages
From: Chris Huff
Date: 28 Oct 2000 07:42:33
Message: <chrishuff-8137E0.06453228102000@news.povray.org>
In article <39fa9d18@news.povray.org>, "Mick Hazelgrove"
<mic### [at] mhazelgrovefsnetcouk> wrote:

> I hadn't realised how much people hate new windows appearing for
> links. I rather like it as I don't lose contact with the parent site.
> however there is always the back button.
>
> I was intending to do something similar to David Fontaine's virtual
> gallery.
>
> Given the antipathy to the idea I don't think I'll bother.

I actually prefer link pages that open other sites in new windows.
One solution would be to offer pairs of links, a "Go to page" and a "New
window with page" link. Have the URL text be the "go to page" link, and
a little button following it be the "new window with page" link.
Compact, and it should please everyone...this is what I plan to do when
I get around to rebuilding my site.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><