POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : zRCube (POV Clone) : Re: zRCube (POV Clone) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: zRCube (POV Clone)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 30 May 2001 22:48:34
Message: <chrishuff-811F1A.21443030052001@povray.org>
In article <3b156c2e@news.povray.org>,
 "Rick [Kitty5]" <ric### [at] kitty5com> wrote:

> Why a clone? Well it uses POV-Rays scene description language. Cheers to
> Thomas for the heads up.

It sounds like it's a completely different kind of renderer, sharing
most of the SDL, but using other rendering and lighting methods(like
"real" radiosity, not Monte-Carlo raytracing like POV uses). They also
don't seem to know that POV itself will be rewritten soon...

> is there an official line on this, as in a way its pov, but not pov?

Since no POV source is involved, and it doesn't claim to be POV, I don't
see why...

--
Christopher James Huff - chr### [at] maccom, http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/

<><