POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Layered textures vs. sky_sphere : Re: Layered textures vs. sky_sphere Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:11:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Layered textures vs. sky_sphere
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 25 Aug 2002 19:23:58
Message: <chrishuff-7D38D8.19240325082002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3d663ce5f0f0662ecd15d6aa0@news.povray.org>,
 "Tom York" <tom### [at] compsocmanacuk> wrote:

> This behaviour does seem a little bizarre; reviewing the POVRay 3.5
> documentation, I found no mention of this problem. Could it be connected
> with the changes that were made to correct the behaviour of filter and
> transmit in layered textures? Maybe the fixes were applied to ordinary
> layered textures but not to the layered pigments of sky_sphere?

I think this is what happened, the sky_sphere code is completely
separate from the layered texture code, and I don't think the
possibility of layering sky_sphere pigments is well known...at least, I
didn't know about it. It probably just got overlooked.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/