POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hello Everyone! (It's SamuelT) : Re: Hello Everyone! (It's SamuelT) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:25:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hello Everyone! (It's SamuelT)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 19 Oct 2000 17:44:48
Message: <chrishuff-723541.16473419102000@news.povray.org>
In article <39ef2edb@news.povray.org>, "SamuelT"
<STB### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> I saw a few of those posts.....I'm glad that more people are learning the
> isosurface. It always helps to have different ways of seeing how to do
> something, and having more than one tutorial out there has helped, I
> think.

True. BTW, will there be any additions to the isosurface tutorial soon?
:-)

> >...a lazy, isolationist, unmoral, Pavlovian, media-fed, childish
> >goldfish, that is...).
> Yikes! I know I worked slowly on my website, and perhaps I'm not as
> social as I could be, but sheesh...

It doesn't matter how nice you are or what kind of person you are...he
simply repeats from the same list of adjectives("goldfish" seems to be
his favorite right now). Giving actual disproof of his assertions is
also useless.

> I see, so nobody is safe from that guy's septic attitute? Maybe we
> can talk nice to him until he either sweetens or leaves....

Well, he has said multiple times that he does not want to become part of
the community here, so I doubt he will "sweeten", as you put it. The
best I hope for is that he gets bored, leaves, and then forgets about
news.povray.org.
Fortunately, he has kept his recent heap of flame messages and rants to
povray.off-topic...by the fact he hasn't replied here, I doubt he reads
any other groups. And if this part of the conversation goes on, it
should also be forwarded to .off-topic.

> >a new "glow" patch based on POV-AFX,
> I'll have to check that out...

Then I might as well warn you ahead of time: don't use "size" or
"fade_power". :-)
The "size" feature is buggy, but you can adjust the size by adjusting
the brightness of the color. And the "fade_power" feature doesn't seem
to play well with reflective or transparent surfaces, so I might remove
it.
Glows are included in MegaPOV 0.6a, which is the latest version. There
is a possibility of a bug fix version being released soon, but 0.6a
should do fine. There are some demo pictures here:
http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh/demo.html

Oh, and there is a bunch of updated info about 3.5/4.0 in
povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions, look for the message by
Chris Cason titled "POV-Team Status Report - September 1, 2000".

> *sigh* I have those things, but my system is in storage temporarily....

I meant once you get your system unpacked and running... :-)
Having the computer and not being able to use it must be extremely
frusterating...

--
Christopher James Huff

<><