POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : layered texture help please : Re: layered texture help please Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:24:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: layered texture help please
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 14 Jul 2002 19:10:56
Message: <chrishuff-70EFA2.18081914072002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3d31f9dc$1@news.povray.org>,
 "Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote:

> > The trouble is the facets produce abrupt edges and
> > I wanted a way to blur these a little - this
> > technique seems like the way to go...
>
> If it's just a normal you want to blur, specifying a low accuracy might
> do it; at least that's what the documentation says.

That doesn't really give a blurring effect, just loss of small detail. I
don't think it would work very well with the facet normal. However, if
just the normal is being blurred, it might work to just use an averaged
normal instead of averaged textures. Might render a bit faster.

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/