POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : FEATURE REQUEST: visibility level flag. : Re: FEATURE REQUEST: visibility level flag. Server Time
6 Oct 2024 12:29:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FEATURE REQUEST: visibility level flag.
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 24 Dec 2001 15:21:13
Message: <chrishuff-6D4B0A.15212424122001@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3c2515a3@news.povray.org>, "JRG" <jrg### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

I think the most flexible way would be to have some kind of
"interaction_group" that covers lights (including highlights),
reflection, refraction, etc...basically "this object only reflects this
group of objects, and only has highlights from this group of lights". I
think radiosity would still have to be a separate flag.
However, this would probably be too complex to use...it would most
likely be simpler to use a shader of some sort.