POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : checkered passed : Re: checkered passed Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:09:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: checkered passed
From: Chris Huff
Date: 17 Nov 2000 21:28:12
Message: <chrishuff-68A4A4.21283017112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3A15BCBE.762D9840@faricy.net>, David Fontaine
<dav### [at] faricynet> wrote:

> Rick Mabry wrote:
>
> > ABCABCABCABC
> > BCABCABCABCA
> > CABCABCABCAB
> > ABCABCABCABC
> > BCABCABCABCA
>
> Eww, this is striped! If ya want three colors I'd say go with hexagon.

Umm, hexagon is, well, hexagonal. And both hexagon and the ordinary
checkers are "striped". It is very possible he *wants* a striped pattern
of squares with more than one color.
BTW, I have been thinking about some possible new patterns:
random_checkers, random_hexagons, etc...they would take a list of any
number of items and choose one of them for each tile. Also, replace the
old "tiles" pattern(which isn't used any more) with a new one that lets
you specify any number of items and the offset for each row.
What do you think?

--
Christopher James Huff

<><