POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : OBJECT IDEA : Re: OBJECT IDEA Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:03:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OBJECT IDEA
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 28 Aug 2002 19:02:16
Message: <chrishuff-66556E.19013228082002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3d6bea14@news.povray.org>,
 "Pandora" <pan### [at] pandora-softwarecom> wrote:

>     Hmm... I can see your point, but I can't see the problem - I have no
> problem with reading code in a variable-width font. Though I could never
> write code in a variable-width font...

I hate trying to read code in variable-width font...especially when
things are nicely lined up in fixed width font.

>     URGH! I _hate_ that all straight lines down each side - I always want to
> mess 'em up a bit...

He said "approximately", he wasn't talking about having the words
perfectly aligned to both edges, but something like this message. Having
gaps at the edges for no reason would be terrible for readability. Using
a fixed width font makes sure you see what everyone else sees.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/