POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Portraying movement : Re: Portraying movement Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:15:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Portraying movement
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 8 Nov 2002 10:08:05
Message: <chrishuff-661DA1.10080408112002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3dcbd026@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>
wrote:

>   Wrong. The patch did not add any transparency anywhere. It simply traced
> the same object several times, transforming the object with the given
> transformations at each sample, and then averaged the results.

By "how the patch actually did its work" I was referring to the multiple
copies part, which *is* what the patch did. It didn't trace one object
multiple times, it traced multiple copies of the object.

>   This gives a lot more realistic result. Using semitransparent objects
> will give you unrealistic results. For instance, using semitransparent
> objects will make the interior of the object partially visible, which is
> usually very unwanted.

Which is why I said "most correct" results instead of "correct" results.
Maybe I didn't make it clear enough, but this is just a way to imitate
the blur effect without a patch.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/