POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : height field object of new type : Re: height field object of new type Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: height field object of new type
From: Chris Huff
Date: 27 Aug 2000 16:25:13
Message: <chrishuff-661D99.15264227082000@news.povray.org>
In article <39A97366.15742219@ij.net>, matt giwer <jul### [at] ijnet>
wrote:

> 	I haven't been reading here in months so perhaps I am being repetative.
>
> 	How about a type that is not image related?
>
> 	It would be specified simply by
>
> 	height_field {
> 		RAW { length, width, point 1, point 2, ...}
> 	}
...snip...

I think a better solution would be to just add a new image type, so you
wouldn't be limited to height fields, but could use it in media density,
image/texture maps, isosurfaces, etc. It is a good suggestion, though.
Some of the image formats useable by POV are very simple though...some
only slightly more complex than this.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><